Hi,

Angus Lau wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions! I think the scribe effect is probably
what I want for selection.

You mentioned something about unreferencing data on the CPU side once
it is uploaded. I am quite interested in this. Could you please give
me more details?

A search for "UnRef" in the OSG includes will give you some details. I've only used this with textures though, so to be honest I don't know if similar techniques can be used for other data.

Honestly speaking, the 2 million points and lines are probably not
the largest dataset I will encounter. During the last few days, I
discovered that my viewer probably has an acceptable performance, but
the large amount of memory that it uses is probably the main issue I
need to deal with. If there are some ways that can reduce the size of
the scene graph or cache inactive part of the scene graph on disk, I
would like to give them a try.

When you say memory do you mean CPU/GPU? PagedLOD can maybe help with this.

jp

Thank you!

Cheers, Angus

------------------ Read this topic online here: http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=19076#19076

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their support.