Sorry to butt in the conversation here, but I also am working on an app with
memory issues and we are considering Paged LOD.

For a scene with millions of objects, won't there be a huge performance hit
as geometry is loaded/unloaded?

I imagine the sort of scene like a city scape where detail is controlled
very nicely. That's good as occlusion means not too many things will be
visible at any one time.

However what in the case of points and lines as the user above has posted?
Surely in this case loads will be visible at once, there will be no
occlusion, and if you sweep around with the camera, literally thousands of
objects will get paged in/out?

Or am I being a complete noob and interpreting the way PagedLOD works?

Cheers!

Andrew