To: <osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 12:20 PM
Subject: [osg-users] osgShadow & ECEF precision problems

Hi!

I have been using osgShadow::LightSpacePerspectiveShadowMapVB very successfully in previous osg projects. I am currently making the transition from a local XYZ to a whole earth ECEF database.

In general the shadow still works correctly, but jumps around by about a meter or two when my model moves. It looks like the underlying shadow bounding volume calculation architecture is not completely implemented with double precision. If so, could anybody give me a hint if the modifications are simple and where they are?

Thanks a lot - any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Marius