Hello Sebastien,

I am running on Visual 2008 SP2 with osg 2.8.2

2005 or 2008? Here you say 2008, and lower you say 2005... Since you said 2005 multiple times I'll assume 2005.

I have seen no info on an SP2 for Visual Studio 2005 (or 2008 either for that matter). Are you sure? Searching for Visual C++ 2005 SP2 on Google seems to give lots of results that say that it doesn't exist - for example:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/2f34b83c-14ab-4d7e-96a0-5c8f8716fbf7/

which is pretty recent.

I have just downloaded osg binaries for visual 2005 SP1 and I have this message
when I launch my app in debug mode :
"The application failed to initialized properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to
terminate the application". Well I guess that does not work because I use Visual2005
SP2 et not SP1.
After few research on this forum, I have read that my solution is to compile
all osg library (and plugins) myself, so I did, and that works.

In general, before you go recompiling things, you should use Dependency Walker to see if that's the real problem. See below.

My question is now about the dependancies. When I want to load a mesh (.ive file) I need
zlib1d.dll, so I have donwloaded this library from VC2005 SP1 dependancies. But I have
the "could find plugin to read objects from file ...ive" message. The plugin
was compiled and is present in osgPlugins-2.8.2/osgdb_ived.dll directory. I am pretty
sure this error comes from an incompatibility with zlib1d.dll because the osg binary
dependancies are also available on VC2005 SP1, and not on VC2005 SP2.
What do you think ? and If I am right, how to get the VC2005 SP2 dependancies ?
Does any one had already this problem ?

You won't have to do that for zlib, it's a C only library. C only libraries work on all runtimes without having to be recompiled. It's only C++ libraries that need to be recompiled for different runtimes.

So my guess is that something else is the problem. Is zlib1.dll on your app's DLL search path? (i.e. in the app's directory, or in another directory on your PATH) I personally copy all DLLs from 3rdParty/bin to MyOSGApp/bin so that they are found when my OSG app runs (libpng, zlib, ...).

Again, Dependency Walker will help you. You can load the app with it, and it will tell you about any DLLs your app can't find, and then you can run the app and it will tell you of any delay-load DLLs that can't be found (which is the case for zlib1.dll when the ive plugin depends on it).

Also try running OSG or your app with OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL=DEBUG to see some more info. This will tell you if the app finds the ive plugin itself and where it's loading it from - make sure it doesn't load another version you might have on your path by mistake. Sadly it doesn't tell you about DLLs that the plugins themselves depend on, but Dependency Walker will help there.

Hope this helps,

J-S