Hi Chris,

   I am very hesitant about changing our wiki and VC hosting. While what we
have is not
perfect, it works 99% of the time, and is mostly under our control. Changing to
a new
platform involves MORE work, not less, and we don't really know the reliability
and
performance of the new platform. This worries me greatly. We've had a lot of bad
situations before and what we have now, while imperfect, is still closer to
perfect than
anything in the past, and I'd rather not risk going backwards.

I'd normally agree with you wholeheartedly, but we've had more server problems in the last few months than in the year or two before, and that's what makes me think that the current platform might not be up to the task of supporting the amount of traffic we ask it to. Plus, control is good but an established service might have guarantees of reliability, redundant backups/load-sharing, etc. which would be too much to manage ourselves.

I'm not saying we should go and change everything, just that we might want to investigate and that another solution might work just as well while offering some guarantees. We can investigate without committing ourselves to anything. We have some time anyways, if we want to wait until after the next stable release to decide and make any move we decide on...

J-S