Hi Paul,

I'm top-posting because I totally agree with all your points. You'll notice I replied to all suggestions, whether they involve changes in process or tools or infrastructure. Any of those might help, and the total gain we need might not come from any one solution but from a combination of solutions whose gain alone would have been less interesting.

I think as a community we have enough people to be able to investigate many things at once. What we need to do is to investigate instead of *talking* about investigating... Because in many cases predicting the learning curve is very hard. And people need to be objective and see the downsides as well as the good points.

J-S