Hi,

assume you create a picture using GL_BGRA format using
osg::Image::allocateImage(int s,int t,int r,GLenum format,GLenum type, int
packing) or you set the format with osg::Image::setInternalTextureFormat.
Both methods do not check if the internal texture format is valid.

Calling osg::Texture::computeInternalFormatWithImage then results in a valid
texture format because this function also does not check if the texture format
is valid.

I am willing to provide a patch but I would like to have an input where I
should patch the source code. I prefer to do it in
osg::Texture::computeInternalFormatWithImage.
Next question: assume the format is wrong which format should be taken?

Hartwig

Thank you!

Cheers,
Hartwig