Hi Hartwig,

If you set a format that isn't supported by the OpenGL driver and you
get an error then so be it.  Fixing the code that sets up the image
with a valid texture format is what should be done.  Trying to catch
and correct for a problem in user application set of OSG data is
rather pushing what the OSG should and can be expected to do.  This is
particularly the case when what formats that might be supported that
can be driver dependent.

Robert.