Hi Robert,

enabling attribute checking does not help in this case because the state
attribute setting itself is not causing the error. wxTexImageXX is going to
fail and this function also reports the invalid enumerator error. As far as I
can see there is nowhere code in OSG that allows somebody to track this error.
I patched for myself osg::Texture::computeInternalFormatWithImage(const
osg::Image&) const. This seems to be a main method related to image to texture
conversions.
I am checking if the assigned internal format is valid and if not an error
message is displayed.

Cheers,
Hartwig