Guys, much thanks for the inputs!  I am getting very confused with
shared context using Qt and OSG.  I've done this many times over the
years with straight OpenGL ... just too stupid tonight to figure out
what I'm messing up.

BTW, I've been using the OSGAdapterWidget ... trying to specify
sharedContext with traits.

Unfortunately, everything except the first view is outside of its
parent Qt widget (that is in a QWorkspace) ... odd.  It shows up on
the main desktop with no window decorations.  Probably not describing
this well.  Sorry, it's late.

I've looked at all the OSG examples as well as some Delta3D examples,
but I can't find one that is Qt based and sharing the graphics context
and a single scene.

Do you have a simple example?  I'd give a weeks salary :)