Thanks J-S,

I think I have it working now.  Although, like you said, the adapter
widget will force me to use single-threading mode.  My real goal is to
have one scene with shared textures, etc. (in shared context) used
across multiple windows in a QWorkspace.

I wish there was a osgQt library of sorts ... rather than having to
tweak example code to get the OSG/Qt support.

The Delta3D community provides some Qt/OSG help with their dtQt
library.  I think it grew out of the Delta3D STAGE development effort
(having followed it's code somewhat).  They mentioned submitting some
of this back to OSG.  Here's hoping.

Cheers,
   Ben