Hi Art and all,

I am coming back on this subject because I am currently trying to use osgPPU
with osgShadow.

I've followed this thread instructions and it works, but only with the
ShadowMap
technique, and the one I prefer is MinimalShadowMap. With this one, combined
with HDR, it  renders all my scene in white... Any idea on what to do ?

Thanks !

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Art Tevs <stud_in...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Awesome, thanks for the correction.  I see that my initial
> > example forgot to
> > actually add the model to the shadowed scene :P  But that
> > wasn't the real
> > problem.  The real problem was giving osgPPU the same node
> > that i was using for
> > shadows.
> I do not realy understand what you mean here with "giving osgPPU the same
> node as for shadows". osgPPU doesn't now anything about the graph, it does
> only get camera as input, hence use the camera color buffer texture as
> input. Therefor the camera, which is connected to the osgPPU, which can be
> your main camera or some other one, should be able to render your shadowed
> scene.
>

> Cheers,
> art
>

> > After seeing what you did in your correction I
> > rearranged the graph
> > like this:
> >
> > scene->addChild(shadowedScene);
> > shadowedScene->addChild(loadedModel);
> >
> > and everything worked as expected.  Now I just want to
> > understand why this
> > worked.  It it because osgPPU and osgShadow are no longer
> > fighting to control
> > the state of the single scene node?

Serge Lages
http://www.tharsis-software.com