From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of
Giovanni Ferrari
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:04 AM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: Re: [osg-users] OSG and vsync

Thank you very much for your reply !
I understand your suggestion about using external syncs to run at a
multiple of the frame rate but i i don't understand the built in 2
frames of latency in Nvidia cards.

I tell you this cause i used my system both with and without vsync and i
noticed than running with vsync i don't have tearing but i measure extra
40ms of retard in the total closed loop respect to the free run case (no
vsync). (with total closed loop i mean image rendering time +
transmission time + elaboration of frame time + results_time)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: FOUO