Hi Randy,

Thanks for your explicit response!
Yes, I've solved this problem and the cow could appear.
But another question now:
The command line shows an error after "osgviewerd cow.osg": Error: [Screen #0]
ChooseMatchingPixelFormat<>  -Unable to choose the requested pixel format
Any suggestion?
Thanks again!

Do you have OpenGL drivers installed for whatever graphics hardware your machine has? That should not happen for the window that osgviewer tries to open - it specifies a basic pixel format that should work pretty much everywhere.

Also - I notice you're using debug binaries, which won't be what causes the above problem, but for performance in the future you should also compile OSG in release, and generally use its own applications and examples in release mode, it gives a better impression of what OSG can do.

Hope this helps,

J-S