One more strange behaviour ...
Running the exe from VS it works fine and the ive file is loaded correctly. In
addition I added the OSG bin dir to the PATH env var before starting VS.

On the other hand if I run my app from the windows command prompt I see the
message:

Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "afvg.ive".

I can't understand that since I put the required osg dll, including the
ive.dll, in the same dir of the exe file and moreover I added that dir to the
PATH env. variable. What else should I do to make my app find the ive plugin
dll?

Regards
Gianni