On Wednesday 22 December 2010 15:09:45 Martin Naylor wrote:
[...]
> It does appear as an earth but with no textures, height data is applied to
> the earth and shows ok, just no textures.
> Anyone know why, it works ok on my Nvidia 480 desktop, guess this could be
> an OSGEarth issue or the chipset driver is just naff?

Hi Martin,

if you are using the intel graphics drivers on Linux, and if your problem is
related to the use of compressed textures, you can get the textures displayed
in two ways.

Try "enable S3TC texture compression even if software support is not
available" in driconf (Image Quality tab).

Or, if your distribution supports it, install the libtxc_dxtn library, which
provides software support for compressed textures in Mesa. The library was
originally written and hosted by Roland Scheidegger, but has since found a new
home at http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~cbrill/libtxc_dxtn/

I haven't tried the intel chipset on Windows yet, and don't know if the driver
supports similar tweaks.

Hope this helps,

Magnus