> My case is the second one. I want to stream osg rendered frames over
> network.
>
> So, I have to install ffmpeg libs. But, Must I install Live555? Or if I use
> ffmpeg it will be enought? What is your recomendation?

Hi,

Ok, it is more clear now.
Well, it should be possible to use only ffmpeg, but I think it is difficult
with Windows :)
FFmpeg distrib contains a streaming server application (ffserver). I didn't
hear of someone who succedded to build and make ffserver work on a Windows
machine. I didn't also find a Windows port of this program.

Anyways, the big steps to stream rendered frames, is to encode them (using
ffmpeg) and then stream them (ussing ffserver or Live555).
Encoding the frames is not difficult to do. At least you should be able to
save the rendered frames in a video file following the output-example.c
sample shipped with ffmpeg sources (
http://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/output-example_8c-source.html). At the osg
part, you can do reder-to-texture to get the raw rendered frames.

The streaming part is more challenging. If you manage to make ffserver work,
it would be straightforward. all you need to do would be to write the output
of the encoded frames into a ffserver feed (like in this
http://www.mygeekproject.com/?tag=ffserver)
Otherwise, you can use live555 for streaming. The problem with that is there
is no concrete documentation on ffmpeg/live555 integration, but, it is
feasable. The main difficulty is to choose a working combination of a ffmpeg
encoder and a live555 streaming container and to configure them accordingly.

Mourad