Hi Robert,

Thanks for your quick reply, good to know it can be done with osgVolume. I will
explain the problem I am facing in detail now:

1. I have tried to load some dicom images (provided by a doctor here) with the
following command:

osgvolume --images *.dcm

The images load without any issues, but the output I get is something like
output_withouttf.jpg attachment. (The opener of this thread got something
similar as I can see).

2. Then I tried to play around with the transfer function to generate something
better. I downloaded some sample transfer functions from the following tutorial
(they have a zip file with several sample transfer functions for bones, brain
etc.):

*link posted in next post*

Since their example had some parameter like --tf-255 and osgvolume actually
does not have any parameter like this, I converted all the values to be in
between 0 and 1. From this forum I figured out that is how it should be, please
correct me if I am wrong. The color-255.tf and my converted color.tf both are
attached to this post. Then I executed a command as follows:

osgvolume --images *.dcm --tf color.tf

And I get an output like the attached output_withtf.jpg.

I have tried some other color transfer functions too, but all the outputs are
like this. I am guessing it has something to do with the way I am trying to
normalize the transfer function? Please let me know if I am doing anything
wrong.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Naimul