From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Osfield
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:27 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Supporting multiple frame rates

Hi Brad,

I also thought about the two context route but didn't suggest it as I'm
doubtful that the graphics driver/card will be able to interleave the
rendering on the two threads in way that doesn't have one thread stalling
the other as they contend for resources on the graphics card.
 Using a pbuffer to render the 3d scene and the main graphics window doing
the compositing would be the easier option to implement though, so I'd
suggest trying it out, you'd need to use two viewers to decouple the frames,
at least then you'd know whether it's good enough a solution or not.

Robert.