Hi Basil,

   I'd recommend downloading the proper pre-built OSG binaries from my site:
http://openscenegraph.alphapixel.com/osg/downloads/free-openscenegraph-binary-downloads

   You can then set the include and linker include paths to that, and compile
your own program.

   I don't see ANY need for you to be building OSG from source and you're just
using up
your own valuable time trying to do so.

I agree with Chris here, I thought for some reason you wanted your own build of OSG, but if you just want to program an app with it, there's no reason to build OSG yourself. Get the prebuilts (and maybe donate a bit to show your appreciation for Chris' hard work) and get to work :-)

J-S