Hi Basil,

    1. OpenSceneGraph-trunk-VS9.0.30729-x64-debug-12277.7z
    2. OpenSceneGraph-trunk-VS9.0.30729-x64-debug-12277-PDBs.7z
    3. OpenSceneGraph-trunk-VS9.0.30729-x64-release-12277.7z

This is your mistake. You downloaded a pre-built version of OSG and dumped that in your source tree... That is not what you need to do.

What you need at that step is the 3rd party dependencies. Download this:

http://www.osgvisual.org/public_download/3rdParty_VC9sp1_x86_x64_V5.7z

(it is linked from here if you are curious: http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Downloads/Dependencies)

Then unzip that into some other directory, separate from your source tree, like D:\OpenSceneGraph-3rdparty

Do you want to build for 64 bit or 32 bit? In CMake, when selecting the generator, make sure you select the right one (VC9 32 bit or VC9 64 bit).

Set ACTUAL_3RDPARTY_DIR to D:\OpenSceneGraph-3rdparty\x86 if building for 32 bit, or x64 if building for 64 bit.

The rest of your steps seem ok.

On a side note, you want to compile 2.8.4, that should be fine, and I've compiled it recently myself. A new 2.8.5 version was released a few days ago. You could also try the trunk if you want the latest and greatest, and that compiles cleanly too (I have an auto-build running nightly to make sure of it).

Getting hundreds of compile and linker errors is NOT NORMAL. If you do, something is very wrong and you need to step back and try something else. Especially a stable version source package should compile cleanly on all major platforms with minimal trouble.

Hope this helps,

J-S