I work on a Dell M6400 with a FirePro M7740  on Windows 7 64-bit.
Same issue.
Hours of installation/desinstallation of different drivers did nothing.

The only workaround I've found is to disable VBO :
pager->setDrawablePolicy(osgDB::DatabasePager::USE_DISPLAY_LISTS);
There is also an Env setting to do that I think.

It put an end to Geometric nightmare and random crashes.

I really don't know what's pro in Ati FirePro...

      Luc