On 7/12/2011 12:35 AM, J.P. Delport wrote:
> Hi Luc,
> thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try disable VBO wherever possible and
> see what
> happens. I'll probably have to make a visitor for all other loaded objects or
> somehow
> convince OSG that the ATI does not support VBO.
> I've been spared the ATI madness till now, so I'll check the list for older
> VBO
> workarounds too.
> It's sad that ATI/AMD misuses their advantage of being the underdog [1] to
> keep churning
> out crap OpenGL support.

  This is very sad. In the past I've known a few people at Nvidia and Intel,
but I've
never had a contact at ATI that I could beg for favors to fix issues like this.
I once
(along with several other OSG developers) had to shame them publicly to fix some
particularly annoying issues that were wrecking OSG on ATI.

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. xe...@alphapixel.com
http://www.alphapixel.com/