Hi Jonathan,

It seams that there is no way to extract that information just form the vertex
data (because the vertex shader only processes one vertex at a time).

Yes, sounds like what you need is more than what I thought you needed :-)

I don't think VPB supports that out of the box, but others may correct me, I have not used VPB that much. But you can surely load the height map from a texture. Then it comes down to knowing what texture coordinates in the height map correspond to each vertex / pixel, I guess you'd have to modify VPB to pass this as vertex attribute data or something like that.

Hope this helps,

J-S