Mind if I jump in and add my $0.02?

Some folks out there may not like the mailing list/forum....

Some folks out there may think there is insufficient documentation (that is
getting much much better...also read the mailing list everyday just for
increased knowledge... find a mentor?  I'm lucky I have several at work)

Some may not like being required to use their real name...(make up a fake
name/pseudonym and move on)

What no one should lose sight of is this... OSG is the best tool in its
category....period.  If you disagree, your wrong... sorry.   OSGs acceptance
community wide as THE tool to use is proof of this.  Check the community/users
page for a short list of users... Also consider that it is used in/by numerous
govt labs/agencies that do not advertise their use of it for various and
obvious reasons.  Several years ago when researching OSG for use on a project,
I found, if I recall correctly, that OSG had over 40 man years of development
time invested into it.    (Robert is that correct?)  I would rather have the
leaders of the OSG community continue this dedicated persuit of excellence of
product than try to find other ways to communicate with the users when what is
in place works.

I guess the point(s) of my rambling is this:  1.  Mega Kudos to Robert and all
the OSG folks for an awesome industry leading tool 2. even better that it is
free and open source and 3. is it really such a high price to pay to sign up
for this forum or mailing list if you need help?