Jan Ciger wrote:

> x64 works for me on 2012. Well, works - as much as the Leap itself works, the
> device is really underwhelming after all that hype.

Actually that's true it gets kind of hyped. From what I learned by now the
tracking is not that stable and reliable as one in an industrial field or even
a gamer might have wished.

I work in a Virtual Reality environment where the ball-marker-based infrared
ART Tracking is still state of the art since years. It is very robust and
reliable while delivering good precision, altought not on a sub-mm level. Now
on the other hand its very expensive, we're talking about many 1000 Euros. The
Leap costs 1-2% of that solution, so some kind of drawback might be acceptable.

But....I think although the Leap is not perfect, you can make great stuff when
using the Leap correctly. Finger tracking is not that reliable, but hand
tracking is quite good I think. After some training I can now use the
LeapManipulator to navigate through my models reliably. But it can do more... I
will try to make some demos of what I have in mind in the next weeks.