Hi Ivan,

You example is fine, the viewer will automatically attach a
TrackballManipulator when you call Viewer::run() as a fallback.  In
principle it's better to explicitly add the camera manipulator you want as
it's clearer what is being set up.

As for the demo freezing, I don't know why this might be happening, I
haven't heard others having an issue.  I would strongly suspect an issue
with the window manager as the OSG has nothing to do with the touchpad
itself.

One experiment you could do is attach the StatsHandler and then bring up on
screen stats to see if the viewer is still running then do the touchpad
re-enable.  Another would be to look at different window managers.

Robert.