Hi Trajce!
Thanks for your help.

I've been browsing the manipulator's source code and found something
interesting: the SET_CENTER_ON_WHEEL_FORWARD_MOVEMENT flag.

If I understand correctly, having this flag set will make that if zoom in the
view, the camera will update its position on each scroll.

Wouldn't this do the same as what you suggested, setting the home position?

Now, for whatever the reason it may be, the setCenterByMousePointerIntersection
function always return false. The intersection test is done with a
LineSegmentIntersector, but it finds zero intersections.

This has happened to me before when I was trying to achieve point picking,
following the example in the Beginner's Guide. Changing the
LineSegmentIntersector to a PolytopeIntersector did the trick.

My camera was created using the setProjectionMatrixAsPerspective method.

Cheers!
Andrés