Hi JP,

Yes, that is exactly it. The temporary fix below did work. Did we find yet what is the exact code change that triggered this between OSG 1.0 and 1.1? The link with display lists and drawing contexts sounds logical with the symptoms that were reported. My application runs in stereo so I assume I setup two separate contexts. I run on an NVIDIA as you already guessed and am using osgUtil::SceneView too. My NVIDIA driver version is: 78.01.

If the problem is out of the OSG community control, maybe an interim solution could be to track down the OSG code that caused this and revert back, that would allow to remove this annoyance from the next OSG releases until NVIDIA can help on this. This is assuming that the OSG changes triggering this bug are not absolutely necessary and could be achieved using a different coding method.

Any news on this issue regarding a permanent solution? What is the position of Robert and others on this?

Thanks JP for the pointer. It helps a lot!

Regards,

--
=====================================
Marc Bernatchez

Hi Marc,

I'm taking a guess here, but it sounds like the same problem some people
ran into with using SceneView (post OSG 1.0), display lists and NVidia
cards on Windows.

I'm not sure if VRJuggler uses SceneView, but search for the threads by
"Gian Lorenzetto" on model loading.

The workaround suggested by Robert was this (supposing you are using
SceneView):

------8<------------
sceneview = new osgUtil::SceneView;

sceneview->setDefaults();

sceneview->setInitVisitor(new
osgUtil::GLObjectsVisitor(osgUtil::GLObjectsVisitor::COMPILE_STATE_ATTRIBUTES));

sceneview_->setSceneData(...

regards
jp

--