-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marc
Bernatchez
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 9:37 AM
To: Marc Bernatchez
Cc: OSG List
Subject: [osg-users] Re: Problems loading 3DS files since OSG 1.1

 > I also observed the following weird symptoms which may be relevant: -

My app is currently set up to
 > create multiple identical windows on demand. When I create the first
window, I observe the problem.
 > But the second and later windows within the same process work fine.

I can reproduce that symptom as well. When I run the app so that it
displays two windows (one for left the other for right eye), only the
first window renders the scene (the left eye), the second window is
blank.

Yesterday, I built a debug version of OSG 1.2 in the hope to better see
where it crashes... as I run with debug DLL version of OSG, it appears
that the crash is gone :-\ I will try to pause the execution when it
seems to loop endlessly. So far, it was looping in the cull calls and
visitors, which again sounds to point in the direction others were
indicating. I have also diffed the osgUtil folder between 1.0 and 1.2
and there is a significant amount of files that have changed indeed. Now

the question we can ask is why it would affect 3DS file loading and not
FLT files if it is more related to the way the database is traversed in
general? I am not sure yet, but it may be more that if the first
geometry node to be traversed is from a 3DS file, it doesn't work. I say

this as I have a case where I loaded an FLT first then some 3DS and the
problem never showed up.

I'd definitely like to see a commitment to fix this as soon as possible
as it prevents further progress to be done for many of us I believe.
I'll provide as much help as I can and will appreciate any out side
help. Robert, Paul, other OSG experts, can you join us in this effort?

Best regards,

--

Marc Bernatchez