I also encountered a problem with the .dsp files under SVN; I'm not sure
if it's the same issue.  I'd been using Cygwin's CVS to get the latest
source tree to build under VS2005 and everything worked just fine.  Now
with Cygwin's SVN it automatically changes the .dsp's to Unix-style line
endings which breaks Visual Studio.

It looks like this behavior is configurable via the svn:eol-style
property.  Robert, would you have a problem with setting svn:eol-style
to CRLF on all the .dsp files to avoid this problem?

Regarding the compilation errors, the VS6 build was a casualty of the
VS2005 64 bit support.  See this thread for details:

http://openscenegraph.org/archiver/osg-users/2006-September/0217.html

If you follow the thread to the end I posted a script which undoes the
64 bit changes and leaves the .dsp files buildable with VS 6.

-Mike