Hi Wai Keung

This is a shameless Apache Software Foundation plug, sorry ;-)

Having said that, the Apache Felix project
(felix.apache.org<http://felix.apache.org>) is basically the OSGi „core“ home
at Apache while Apache Aries (aries.apache.org<http://aries.apache.org>) has a
lot of Enterprise Spec implementations.

Apache Sling (sling.apache.org<http://sling.apache.org>), finally, is a web
application framework entirely built „in OSGi“. It is the basis, sorry this is
an Adobe plug, of Adobe Experience Manager which is a complete enterprise grade
Web Content (and more) Management application and platform. All in OSGi.
Sling’s Launchpad which helps building single file deployables for application
deployment builds two files, actually: The standalone Java application with
emebdded Jetty Server and a WAR file which can be deployed into any Servlet API
compliant container such as Tomcat, or Weblogic (there are historically a few
Adobe customers deploying Experience Manager into Weblogic or IBM WebSphere).

Over the years, using OSGi as a modularization framework really proved the
right choice for building Sling and Experience Manager (disclosure: I am one of
the original developers of Sling)

Hope this helps

Regards
Felix

Am 24.11.2016 um 10:54 schrieb Wai Keung Yiu Man Lung