From: Michaël - Syst
To: osl...@listserv.boisestate.edu
Sent: 10/6/2003 5:36:09 PM
Subject: Re: Thoughts from the OSonOS11 organising team: Evening news and
Closing Circle

Dear all,
I remember that circle very well indeed!
On Tuesday Tova said in the Morning News “If we continue like this, we can
start the closing circle once we’re finished with Morning News”.
Somehow a closing circle seems a more difficult situation to use your two Feet,
because after the person who you feel is really wasting your precious time,
someone
might just say the most wonderful thing you could not dream of missing.........
I do agree…… It was a very long sitting and I couldn’t keep my attention with
it all the time, so long as it took.
And indeed I felt that I also wanted to hear everyone’s individual statement at
that time, not for all the words however, but to just to feel and experience
everybody who was there for the last time.

So that’s very interesting for the law of the two feet: One part of my heart
says: Let’s go away and the other part says: I want to experience everyone and
stay.
Well, maybe a schizophrenic situation. We have of course two feet and
theoretically one foot could stay and the other could leave….

I have experienced this many times when a group makes a round, as everyone gets
his or her turn.

One solution could be time limitation for each contribution. Maybe a soft bell
after a few minutes that gets louder?
Or the other could be a total limited of time until time stops. When a limited
total time is set, everyone (well almost…) will take this into account.

I’m very interested in creative solutions for this!

Michaël Molenaar
Systemisch Consult
Tilburg - Holland
mich...@syst.nl