Florian, in America we usually use the term "micromanage" to mean that
someone is over-managing, trying to manage every small detail.  And you are
right in
thinking that Raffi's situation is different from working in big
organizations with comfortable conditions.

Raffi, I'm remembering that when my husband used to have staff meetings that
included field staff who had travelled to be there, he started by serving
breakfast for everyone.  I'm thinking three things to begin:

Welcome your exhausted staff with something to eat and a chance for informal
conversation, just a few minutes before moving into a more formal meeting.

Ask for input into the meeting's agenda--"What's important for us to talk
about today?"

Make sure that some action happens around the issues of concern, not doing
all the work yourself, but fully supporting those who have some passion for an
idea.

You can use much of what you know about Open Space, but maybe not introducing
the whole form right in the beginning, if you think it might feel confrontive
to the way the group is used to working.  When there is more trust, you can
be more explicit about effective (but new-to-this-group) ways of working.

I'm glad you are there, making a difference by your presence.

My two cents' worth--

Joelle