Thanks to all who responded to my quandary yesterday evening - easily a half
dozen
through the list or directly. Curiously enough, this event was going to be
different
regardless.

I'm currently one small cog in a large corporate wheel, which means that when I
need a
printer, the lads in IT point to a desk and say "there's six - take one". They
are
excellent, and usually all of the hardware is ready, with all cords, cables,
etc. Well! I
just finished setting up the room, and printed off the first page (the list of
attendees,
for them to modify to correct contact info)...and the printer's almost out of
ink! Had
this been any other OS, I'd be running around Toronto right now trying to find
an ink
cartridge for a six year old printer, or more likely, buying a new one!
However, given
the past 24 hours' tips and tricks...no worries. I will offer the participants
document their discussions as they wish - using the templates I offer and/or
flip charts
and/or blank paper, as it suits their needs. Whatever they give to me, I will
post for
all to read in the newsroom. At the end of the event, I'll take it all home,
scan or
photograph whatever makes sense to, transcribe the rest, and present a book of
proceedings to the host.

Also curiously, three attendees had to drop out at the last moment (today); all
emailed
to ask me to send them proceedings...so I guess I was going to do a book  of
proceedings
tomorrow, just I needed to learn a new way.

Thank you all for the new knowledge.

Two little tidbits from my day:

1) I use painter's tape to tape the laws, AGENDA, NEWS, etc. to the wall. The
tape is
green. On some of the pages I taped up, I ran two strips top and bottom. On
others, I
boxed the page in - tape on all four sides. I stood back and looked at the
room, and the
boxed in ones just didn't feel right - so I retaped them (thanks to painter's
tape) with
two strips, top and bottom - and they look more open. Not a major point, but
just an
interesting tidbit about creating the space.

2) I got on the elevator with three golfers from Colorado, USA (note, I'm in
Canada). One
said to the other two, "You know what surprises me the most? They drive on the
same side
of the road we do!" That was my chuckle for the day. Boy, it would make all
those
international bridges between our two countries darned tricky if you had to
switch sides
halfway across.

Best wishes to all.
Phil Culhane