On the other hand, I've experienced this phenomenon as well, and the vast
majority of attendees won't have seen the pre-announced topics, nor remember
the ones they read, so the self-organization and chaos of the opening is
preserved AND those that are very interested in what a person says about
herself, can make sure to find and meet that person.  Again, this is
self-organization.  We wouldn't want to forbid pre-posting of topics, would
we?  That seems contrary to our role as facilitators.

peace,
ted