Dear Jan,

greetings to you as ex-lurker.

It seems to me that anything reducing the space for "innovation" and many other goodies through coercion, control, manipulation, etc. often with the intention to bring forth innovation and the like is stultifying and an insult to the selforganisation-force.

In my experience, expanding time and space for the selforganisation-force will enventually bring about what complex adaptive systems need for themselves. And there seems to be nobody under the sun that could figure out or predict what that might be. And there is no need for it. Chaos to order is for free and will take place all by itself if not hampered (even that will not work in the long run, hampering, I mean, systems will deal with that with genius etc.).

Have a great day
mmp