Harrison Owen via OSList wrote:
> Facilitators taking up
> un-needed space/time defeats the purpose. I think.

"Hello, and welcome to the third-day of this Open Space. Facilitator A
who had spoken on day 1 has given the responsibility to open the space
to me: let me introduce myself: I am Facilitator C from X in Z. It is a
great honor to be opening space for you today, after Facilitator A has
already delegated so nicely to Facilitator B yesterday, and didn't he do
a marvellous job? Thank you B, for opening space yesterday, and thank
you A for having delegated this important responsibility! And thank you
all for showing up today, after all, it is _you_ who this is about,
isn't it? It is all about the _participants_! And remember, the space is
always open! Except, I guess, when the facilitator is speaking! Hihi! So
now, after these words of introduction, let me explain to you the
*principles of Open Space*! You have all heard these before, but what
the hell, as I am standing here now and Facilitator A has given me the
responsibility...."

I never got this "facilitation" on what-is-not-the-first-day. What does
it take more than to say: "Hi folks - anyone got any new topics?" and
sit down?

Love,
Martin

--