I've been to several multi-day OST events where the facilitation was delegated. Peggy Holman's Journalism That Matters in Detroit had different facilitators that opened the space each morning. The Florida WOSonOS had different facilitators each morning as well. The 2014 Opening Space for Peace & High Performance had different facilitators, and so did the one this year - including different people for the evening news.

I, as facilitator for the opening and closing, had delegated the details of how you post sessions to a colleague for my Montana OST in 2013. But this year, Thomas "Tom" Brown, who opened the second day of the NYC Opening Space at International House 2015, delegated the five principles to the circle. I'd not seen that happen before, and it worked brilliantly. Beautifully. Some walked a circle in the middle, like a traditional OST facilitator. Some said something from their seats. Some spoke just a few seconds, some took a minute or two. But it worked really well. Kudos to Tom Brown.

Will folks share how we can do "one less thing", including the actual facilitation, and how it has worked to let that go to other organizers or to the actual circle itself?

    Thanks!
    Harold

--
Harold Shinsato