Great stories.

One bit of coaching wisdom from my partner Caitlin Frost: when you find
yourself quick to provide advice to groups of people keep quiet and write that
advice down for yourself.

If we are really doing work to address topics that we don't know how to address
otherwise, then there is no way we as facilitators can make an intervention
that will result in better quality than the group making its own decisions. If
you think otherwise, then it was probably  wrong to choose open space in the
first place. None of us alone are brilliant enough to know how we should solve
intractable problems. So trust the group and hold the space for them to find
their way.

Harrison has said it before and I agree: forget about trusting the process;
trust the people.

I don't believe that open space technology is the only method for addressing
problems that groups and organizations and communities face. But there are good
reasons for doing it and if you discern these and choose it, use it.

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Harvest Moon Consultants