It has to do with this tag in the default.render.xml:
https://github.com/osmandapp/OsmAnd-resources/blob/master/rendering_styles/default.render.xml#L4615

or copied here: <case minzoom="11" maxzoom="16" tag="place" value="island"
nameTag="" textSize="14" textOrder="113"/>

Because Great Britain is tagged as an island, that line becomes active in
relatively high zoomlevels 11-16. For small islands that is exactly what
you want. For Great-Britain it is a nuisance.
An option could be to lower the textOrder importance (= a higher value). so
something like:
<case minzoom="11" maxzoom="16" tag="place" value="island" nameTag=""
textSize="14" textOrder="213"/>

But that would also reflect on small islands and would need some tweaking
and trying out.

Harry