On 11 November 2016 3:18:16 am A Thompson <thompson...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 11:12:41 AM UTC+1, Roger James wrote:

Can anyone try my custom render file and see if it works for them.

Testing in Osmand 2.5.2 this doesn't work for me. However, I've added the
same code to a renderer I offered in another thread,  and it does then have
the desired effect:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/osmand/mC6e37AHSGU

I have no idea what's going on. Almost everything I have tried for custom
renderers has not worked when I thought it should!

--

Hi,

The Great Britain text has disappeared again in the last few weeks. I am using Osmand+ version 2.5.1; at least that's what it says it is! Where are you getting 2.5.2 from? I have some vague recollection of beta releases somewhere.

I don't know if the reappearance is due to my renderer working or another patch of the source. This custom rendering stuff is a black art. I cannot make sense of the documentation or the source code!

Roger