What I did in the past (really some years ago) was creating a "world map"
only for "tiny-size" North-western Europe on my daughters phone (She now
has a "grown up" phone as well). It only contained the Netherlands, UK,
Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany. That was pretty small.Without Germany it
was even real tiny.
In that time I even wrote a mini-Howto for it on how to do it. (Can't
remember myself :) )
Of course you had to think of not updating the world map when requested and
rebuild the tiny one again when necessary.

Harry