When I search for addresses, frequently I get results that are nowhere near
me (same name, different city etc) which is not all the helpful.

I have been searching for a way to generate a custom map, but I can only
find information about custom tiles and I don't think that will help.
After looking through the app again, I'm not sure that I'd be able to load
a custom map now.

I've disabled all maps except the smallest one that has the area I need but
it does not seem to limit the search results.

Does anyone know if its currently possible to achieve anything like this?
(eg: to limit search results to local-ish places only)