Everything relating to displaying things in osmand is handled by 'rendering'
files.  They are XML files and you can create your own.

Check in the folder called rendering in your phone's osmand installation, there
should be a file called default.render.xml

You can create as many as you want as long as they are called
something.render.xml and then you just activate the one you want in osmand.

Check this page and feel free to ask if you need help.  I am not the #1 expert
on this but I have some experience of my own

http://osmand.net/build_it