On Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 6:30:24 PM UTC-8, A Thompson wrote:

> How about using the "roads_only" map and a dependent renderer to turn off
> any details you don't like, and change to your preferred colours?

I think this is pretty much what I had in mind, but I may be working too
hard. Is there an easier way to get the "roads_only" map than to (a)
download the full map from GEOFABRIK and (b) filter it using osmfilter? For
example, can you point me to a place where I can download "roads_only" maps?

That way you still get a free map update from OsmAnd every month. Otherwise
> you have to keep regenerating your maps to keep them up to date.

How would these updates integrate with my  "roads_only" map?

-r