You also need to make sure your active response works without ossec. If it won't work manually, it won't work as a script.

On 01/05/2011 02:51 PM, dan wrote:
On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 11:06:29AM -0800, Saket wrote:
Indeed !

But, there is a feature to follow local files. Like how we follow /var/
log/message and /var/log/secure in linux and
winEvtlog from Windows, can we follow ossec.log and active-
change in these to files to the alert.log

It clearly says analyzing ossec.log and active-responses.log  in the
ossec.log but it doesnt seem to work.

Please Advice.

Thanks,
Saket

You would need to create rules for the log messages. If there isn't a
rule that matches, an alert will not fire.
dan