Hi,

I noticed that when I send alerts to a syslog server all the logs show
up in the following format:

Date Time Hostname ossec: Alert Level ............etc

I need to know if its possible to change ossec: to something else?
Looks like every log has this static text and I want to know if we can
change that?

and is it possible to include the year in the date?

Here is a typical log:

Jan  7 11:34:25 ossecserver ossec: Alert Level: 4; Rule: 11 -
Excessive number of events (above normal).; Location: ossecserver-
>rootcheck;  The average number of logs between 11:00 and 12:00 is
114. We reached 365.

Thanks,
Saket