I've verified this issue on two CentOS 5.6 servers now:
1.  OSSEC Server installation with ~40 agents.  Attaching strace to
the ossec-analysisd process shows that it's receiving syscheck info
(filenames and hashes) from some of the OSSEC agents.
2.  OSSEC local installation.  Attaching strace to the ossec-analysisd
process shows that it's receiving syscheck info (filenames and hashes)
from some of the local files.  (Of course, this doesn't cause the
agents to disconnect since it is a local installation and there are no
agents.)

Thanks,
--
Doug Burks, GSE, CISSP