Hi all,

I am starting to use OSSEC so I may be doing something wrong here.

I have OSSEC installed as a server in my Linux VM and the Agent in my
Windows Server 2012 VM.

My server has the default configuration plus this:

  <command>
     <name>ossec-slack</name>
     <executable>ossec-slack.sh</executable>
     <expect></expect> <!-- no expect args required -->
     <timeout_allowed>no</timeout_allowed>
  </command>

  <active-response>
    <disabled>no</disabled>
    <command>ossec-slack</command>
    <location>local</location>
    <level>3</level>
  </active-response>

  <remote>
    <connection>secure</connection>
  </remote>

In my Server, using the agent_control I can see my agent is *active*

[root@gateway1-proxy bin]# ./agent_control -l

OSSEC HIDS agent_control. List of available agents:
ID: 000, Name: gateway1-proxy (server), IP: 127.0.0.1, Active/Local
ID: 001, Name: clearing-optimizer, IP: XX.XX.X.X, Active

With that, I believe my server and agent are communicating as expected.

In my server's log, I have a lot of:

2020/08/17 19:25:18 ossec-remoted: WARN: Duplicate error:  global: 22,
2020/08/17 19:25:18 ossec-remoted(1407): ERROR: Duplicated counter for
'clearing-optimizer'.

I have found an old post here in this group and applied the suggestion but
the same error appears again after a while. I have also tried removing the
agent and adding again, with a different ID and name but again, after a
while, the error appears.

In my agent, I have the default configuration plus this:

  <active-response>
    <disabled>no</disabled>
    <location>server</location>
    <level>3</level>
  </active-response>

So, in my understanding, this is sending any active-response event to the
server, is that correct?

Also, another question, is there a way to trigger an event in my agent
(Windows) so I can check if the server is receiving the notification
correctly?

Thank you.